When a customer orders flowers we always ask if they would like a card message printed on a note card to send with their arrangement. Some customers are prepared and have a nice thoughtful message prepared, others struggle to find the right words for the occasion. We know it’s not always easy to write a heartfelt message especially during a time of sorrow but hopefully this guide will help those who need of a little inspiration!
Here are some examples of short but sweet card messages for different occasions.
Get Well Soon
They say laughter is the best medicine so if you can incorporate a little humor it can add a great personal touch and lift the recipient’s spirits. However, if the person is the serious sort or you’re not very close, it’s safer to stick with more formal sentiments.
• As you rest and heal, know that you are thought of warmly and wished a quick recovery.
• Wishing that each day brings your renewed strength, brighter times, and a healthier, happier you.
• I am sorry you are not feeling well. I am praying for you to have a complete and quick recovery
• Get well soon. Feel better. We miss you!
• If I told you to "Get Well Soon," it wouldn't be soon enough. Get Well Now.
• Sending loads of love your way for a speedy recovery!
• Our thoughts are with you. Get well soon! Thinking of you.
• Hope your surgery [GOES/WENT] well, and that your recovery is quick!
• Heard that you've been under the weather. Hope things clear up soon.
Cheerful Alaric Flower Design Arrangements
Most people have a fear that they are going to upset or offend the person who will receive their sympathy words. Below we offer more suitable choices for your sympathy message...
• Please accept these flowers and hear the words we are not able to speak
• With my deepest sympathy
• You are in my thoughts and prayers
• With love to you and your family
• With heartfelt condolences
• My thoughts are with you at your time of need
• I want you to know that I am here for you at this time of grieving
• Thinking of you in these difficult times
• Please know our loving thoughts embrace you
• Our deepest sympathies during your time of loss. Please know that we are here for you.
• Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. We are sorry for your loss.
• In loving memory of [NAME], [HE/SHE] will be missed dearly.
• Please accept our condolences on the loss of your [MOTHER/FATHER/OTHER RELATION].
• Our deepest sympathy to you and your family. From all your friends at [BUSINESS NAME]
• [NAME] will always be in our hearts and memories. With Sympathy, The [YOUR LAST NAME] Family
• May sympathy from those who care, bring comfort to your heart-And may you know that those you love are never far apart...May it help and console you to remember often too, That many comforting thoughts are very close to you.
• May you find peace and love in the memories you cherish.
• May you have memories for comfort, friend for support, and flowers to ease your sadness.
• Our hearts are saddened by your loss And our thoughts & prayers are with you.
Guys you know who you are… we get many guys sending “I’m sorry flowers” with no idea what to say. The best way to go is with what is in your heart. We know it may be hard to express your deep feelings so here are some starting points!
• I'll never forgive myself...but I'm hoping you will. I'm sorry.
• How can I begin to say I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. I hope that you can forgive me.
• Wish I could turn back the time and make things right… Please forgive me!
• Will these flowers let me out of the doghouse? I'm sorry. Let's make up.
• Please accept these flowers in place of the words I said. I'm truly sorry.
• I hate fighting, and I'm sorry for my part of this one! Please forgive me.
• I know I have [HURT YOU/YOUR FEELINGS] - please accept my sincerest apologies.
• I hurt you, but I didn’t mean to… Please forgive me!
• I’m so sorry for hurting your feelings - I take back my words! Hope you’ll forgive me! • I would hate for our friendship to be lost. Please forgive me. • We may not have it altogether but together we have it all! Please let’s start over.
Anniversary Card Messages
A romantic card message could be to repeat something that you said in your wedding vows or write a line from her favorite love poem, romance movie or quote.
• Thank you for the memories of yesterday, for the happiness today, and the promise of all tomorrows! Happy Anniversary!
• Happy Anniversary - My love for you grows with each passing year.
• Happy Anniversary to the love of my life.
• Hoping you two are blessed with many more years together.
• Thanks for being a couple of role models of marriage. Happy Anniversary.
• I love you just as much as I did on our wedding day. Happy anniversary.
• After 10 years, I still feel like we're newlyweds.
• Happy Silver Wedding Anniversary! After 25 years, you still make my heart skip a beat.
• Congratulations on 50 golden years!
• All of my heart, I send to you. All of my life, I'll spend with you. I love you!
• I love you today, as I did from the start. I'll love you forever, with all of my heart. Happy Anniversary!
• Our love is a journey, with a beginning but no end. We will walk the path together forever.
• My love for you grows stronger every year.
• To my wife, my soul mate, my love, my life.
Romantic Card Messages
• A lifelong search has reached an end. I've found both my love and my best friend.
• You've stolen my heart. I know it's in good hands.
• You bring joy and love to my life.
• Be mine.
• I send a kiss inside the petals of each rose...
• My life just wouldn't be the same without you in it. I love you.
• Today is a very special day for sending all my love your way!
• With you it's Valentine's Day 365 days a year.
• They say you only fall in love once, but that can't be true... Every time I look at you, I fall in love all over again.
• Roses are red, violets are blue, I am so happy that I love you!
• You take my breath away...today and every day.
• How sweet it is to be loved by you!
• Flowers today. Fireworks tonight!
• The beauty of these roses cannot match the beauty and depth of the love I feel for you. You are always in my heart!
• You + Me = Forever
• Je t'aime [FRENCH: "I love you"]
• Mi Amor, Te amo! [SPANISH: "My love, I love you"]
Birthday Card Messages
• Hope your birthday's as terrific as you are.
• May all your birthday wishes come true!
• Wishing you a special birthday.
• Have an awesome birthday.
• All my best to the birthday [GIRL/BOY]!
• Like a fine wine, you improve with age.
• 40 is the new 30. Happy Birthday!
• Warm wishes on your 30th birthday.
• Lots of love on your 40th birthday.
• You get better with every year. Happy 50th birthday!
New Baby Welcome Message
• Nice work, Mom and Dad!
• Congratulations on the birth of you new baby [BOY/GIRL]
• A star is born.
• Congratulations on your new bundle of joy.
• Sugar and spice and all that's nice, that's what little girls are made of. Congratulations!
• Wishing your family a happy and healthy life together.
• Frogs and snails and puppy-dogs' tails, that's what little boys are made of.
• A new baby is like the beginning of all things - wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.
• Adoption is when a child grew in its mommy's heart instead of her tummy. Congratulations on your new arrival!
• It's always a pleasure working with you.
• Warmest regards.
• Nice work!
• Best of luck in your new venture.
• Thank you for your business
• Thank you for your support
Christmas Card Messages
• May your holiday season be bright.
• Joy to you and yours this holiday!
• Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
• We wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
• Sending you Christmas cheer that lasts throughout the year!
• Have a holly, jolly Holiday!
Hanukkah Card Messages
• May the Festival of Lights bring blessings upon you and all your loved ones. Happy Hanukkah!
• Joy to the whole mispucha!
• May the Festival of Lights lend a glow to your year.
• May your home be filled with Hanukkah light and love.
• Wishing you eight days of peace and happiness! (and lots of potato pancakes!)
• Wishing you eight days and nights of happiness for Hanukkah! Wishing you prosperity in business, peace in your life and happiness in your home.
Father's Day/Mother's Day/Grandparent's Day Card Ideas
It's always best to write something personal. Try writing about: A memory you share with your mother/father/grandparent - A recollection of your childhood. Mention qualities unique to your your relationship.
• Your love and wisdom have always helped guide me.
• On [MOTHER'S/FATHER'S/GRANDPARENT'S] Day and every day, hope you know how much you're loved.
• Thank you for your encouragement and support always.
• Happy [MOTHER'S/FATHER'S/GRANDPARENTS] Day. You're my hero, [DAD/MOM/GRANDMA].
• To the world's greatest [DAD/MOM/GRANDMA].
• To the best [DAD/MOM/GRANDMA] in the whole world..• You make the world a more beautiful place.
• [DAD/MOM/GRANDMA] you are my inspiration.
• A hug...a kiss...and lots of love for you on [MOTHER'S/FATHER'S/GRANDPARENTS] Day.
• No matter the distance between our homes, the distance between our hearts will never change.
• May the joy and love you give away, return to you this [MOTHER'S/FATHER'S/GRANDPARENTS] Day!
• You have a very special place, that no one else can fill...because you mean so much to me, and you know you always will! Happy
Personalize your thank you note by acknowledging the specific gift you received or the good deed or favor that someone did for you. Use words like Generous, Generosity, Useful, Perfect, Thoughtful, Appreciate, Grateful, Much Needed, Always Treasure.
• I'll never forget your kindness.
• Thank you for being my biggest supporter. I couldn't do it without you.
• I can't thank you enough, so please accept my flowers as a small token of my appreciation.
• I am so grateful for all you do, I can't thank you enough.
• Thanks for your patience, your loving words, your kindness, your friendship
• When the whole world left, you were there with open arms. Thanks for being my friend!!
• You were there for me when I needed you the most! Thank you for being my friend!
Thinking of You and Just Because Messages
Make your recipient feel special by surprising them with an unexpected gift. Thinking of you flowers can be sent any time a person wants to let another person know that they are in their thoughts. Send an encouraging card with a message of warmth.
• Hope your day is sunshine and flowers with happy thoughts to fill the house.
• Every time you see these blooms, remember someone is thinking of you!
• You may be out of sight, but never out of mind.
• Hope this brightens your day!
• I miss you, so I am sending you a floral hug!
• You are too far away from me now, but you stay close in my thoughts.
• Enjoy the flowers, I'm sending them just because you're you.
• It's not a special occasion. But you're a special person.
Retirement Card Messages
• Best wishes, now the fun starts!
• Now is the time to enjoy all the things you never had time to do when you worked.
• Enjoy your retirement. You've earned it.
• You deserve it…happy retirement!
• Happy retirement. We'll miss you!
• May you enjoy a long and wonderful retirement.
New Home Housewarming Card Messages
• May happiness & love move in with you.
• May you and your family enjoy years of happy times in your new home.
• There's no place like home! Congratulations.
• May you create countless memories in your new home.
• Hope your new home is filled with joy.
• Welcome to the neighborhood.
• Hope your new home is as special as you are.
• Home sweet new home.
We hope this guide helps make sending floral arrangements that much more easier, and if you need any additional help with your card message do not hesitate to ask one of the gals at Alaric Flower Design when you place an order we are experts!